Today from my kitchen to yours, I am bringing to you this delicious melt in your mouth BBQ chicken kebabs with bacon. I don’t know about you but I love kebabs and I love grilling.
What I love about this recipe is that it does not require lots of ingredients and it is very cheap to make. It is said that second to a mortgage, the average American’s next higher bill is their grocery bill, says Jordan Page from www.funcheaporfree.com. Right now, with all the uncertainty going on in the world, it is very good to save some money so you can be protected should challenges arise. And we all know that challenges are going to happen, but if you are prepared you can kick the challenge’s butt instead of the challenge kicking yours. This recipe will help you with that. So lets get to it then, shall we!
What you need:
Very simple, what you need is of course chicken breasts. I suggest using pre-frozen chicken breast like the Tyson all-natural Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts – which is what I always use. I buy them in bulk at Costco and it lasts us for a long time. I like using this brand because it`s very tender and juicy. Perfect for grilling. Just make sure that you thaw it first. But you can use any of your favorite chicken breasts too, no worries. This is what will give you that melt in your mouth feeling.
I suggest using pre-frozen chicken breast like the Tyson all-natural Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, that is what I always use.I buy them in bulk at Costco and it lasts us for a long time. I like using that brand because it`s very tender and juicy. Perfect for grilling
Next seasonings. My all time favorite rub to use is this organic Kinder`s Seafood Blend Rub that tastes so good. You can use it on seafood , poultry, pork or vegetables. It has lemon in it, witch I really like. And black pepper, which makes everything tastes great. I also add Hoisin sauce in it, the sauce is sweet and packed with extra flavors that really adds more flavors to the chicken, and I add a little bit of sweet honey barbecue sauce in it to really give it that barbecue flavor.
You are also going to need bacon, any kind of thin bacon is fine but you need to turn the bacon into a paste… That sounds weird doesn’t it? But hear me out, the bacon won’t actually add much of a traditional bacon flavor, but more of a smoky flavor that enhances the rub and the sauce. If you don’t have bacon, you can just use a 100% virgin olive oil, that will work too.
The way to prepare the bacon is that you get a food processor or a blender, I use the Ninja food processor and blender combo. It is a bit expensive but it is totally worth the money. I had to save my money for a bit to buy it and I also bought it during the cyber Monday deal so I got it for a lot cheaper. It is totally worth the wait. I use it for everything, to process food, to make smoothies, to bake, even to make this bacon puree, you name it, it can do anything! It’s a very powerful machine and very reasonable price compare to those very expensive ones that will just do the same thing. If you don’t have that, just use any blender that you have in hand, that is fine.
Last but not least you need skewers, I really like this stainless steel kebob skewers because you can keep reusing it over and over again and you don`t need to to soak them like you would with wooden ones. But I really love using bamboo skewers too, I feel like the bamboos give very good flavors to the meats and it won’t burn your hand like with the steel ones. Plus the meat won’t slide off. But I love them both, I own both of them.
PS: Don’t forget to use some types of heat resistant gloves when you flip the metal skewers. I just use oven mitts. You will also need a kitchen tong to flip the skewers and any kind of baking trays or a big plate to place the meat in.
Here is a step by step video of the recipe or you can read the instructions too.
- Prepare the meat. Remove any excess fat from the chicken. In a large bowl, add all seasonings to the chicken, the hoisin sauce and 2 Tbsp of barbecue sauce. Mix very well.
2. Prepare the bacon paste. Take 3 slices of bacon, put in the food processor or blender and blend for 20 seconds until you have a paste. Now add the bacon paste to the chicken mixture and let sit for at least 30 minutes, it shouldn`t take the chicken very long to marinate.
3. Turn all grill burners to high, close lid and heat for about 15 minutes. Leave the primary burner on but turn off the other burners. Doing this will give you high heat but will not make it too hot and will not burn the meat. Keep the primary burner on high.
4. Meanwhile skewer the meat onto the skewer sticks. You can use a cookie sheet pan to place them or a large plate. Rub the leftover bacon paste on top of the kebabs.
5. Before you put the kebabs on the grill, spray the grill with a little bit of olive oil so the meat won’t stick to the grill and this way you will get a very nice smoke. Make sure you have all your equipment next to you so that you can be ready, the chicken cooks fast so you need speed. Grill the chicken over the primary burner with the lid closed for 2 minutes, turn and brush with the barbecue sauce repeat as often as needed and cook for 2 minutes until browned and slightly charred. Cooking time should not exceed 8 minutes. Over that your meet will be dry and overcooked.
6. Remove the kebabs from the grill, let rest for 5 minutes and it is done!
Melt in your mouth BBQ Chicken Kebabs With Bacon
- Meat skewers
- Oven mitts
- Baking pans
- Kitchen tong
- Olive spray
- 2 lbs Boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breast
- 2 tsp Kinder`s Seafood Blend Rub Or you can use any poultry rub you have in hand
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp Hoisin sauce You can replace it with 4 tsp of sugar if you don`t have any
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Honey Barbecue sauce Or any of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 3 slices Raw bacon
- 1 cup Sweet Honey BBQ sauce
- 1. Prepare the meat. Remove any excess fat from chicken. Cut into 1-inch cubes. In a large bowl, toss chicken with the rub, pepper, Hoisin sauce and 2 Tbsp of barbecue sauce. Mix very well.2. Place the raw bacon in a food processor or blender and pulse for about 20 seconds, until you have a paste. Now add bacon paste to the chicken mixture, mix very well until chicken is well coated. Let sit for at least 30 minutes. 3. Turn all grill burners to high, close lid, and heat for about 15 minutes. Leave primary burner on, but turn off other burners. Doing this will give you high heat but will not make it too hot and will not burn the meat. Keep the primary burner on high. 4. Skewer the meat onto the skewer sticks. Rub the leftover bacon paste on top of the kebabs.5. Before you put the kebabs on the grill, spray the grill with a little bit of olive oil so the meat won't stick and so that you can get a very nice smokey flavor. Make sure you have all your equipment next to you when cooking so that everything will be next to you; the chicken cooks fast, so you need speed. Grill the chicken over the primary burner with the lid closed for 2 minutes, turn and brush with the barbecue sauce repeat as often as necessary and cook for 2 minutes until browned and slightly charred. Cooking time should not exceed 8 minutes. Over than that, your meet will get dry and overcooked. 6. Remove kebabs from the grill, let sit for 5 minutes. Serve.